Barbados records 11 more cases of Covid-19 bringing the total of confirmed cases to 45. This was announced by Acting Prime Minister Santia Bradshaw in a national address Wednesday night.
Ms.Bradshaw revealed that over 300 lab test we done to date with 45 now positive majority of the cases were imported.
A number of heighten restrictions have been implemented:
● With immediate effect, a mandatory 14 day quarantine in a government facility will be placed on all persons entering Barbados, irrespective of port of origin or port of entry;
● With effect from the 3rd day of April 2020 until midnight on the 14th day of April 2020 every non-essential service shall remain closed, except the following which may open only between the hours specified: a. abattoirs, butchers’ shops and fish markets between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. b. bakeries between 6:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. c. farms between 5:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. d. pharmaceutical manufacturers, manufacturers of juices, soft drinks and dairy products, food processors and food distributors between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. e. banks and credit unions only for the purpose of supporting the automatic teller machines f. cleaning services between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. g. fuel manufacturers, fuel storage facilities and fuel distributors between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. h. pharmacies, wholesale and retail grocery stores, mini-marts and village shops between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. i. gasoline stations between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. j. delivery services relating to groceries and medical supplies between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. k. hotels, villas & other rental accommodation, excluding gaming rooms, spas, gyms and discotheques and restaurants, only for take-away service and room service. l. Sugar Factories for the entire day. m. Private veterinary services as needed.
● With effect from 6.00 p.m. on Friday, 3 rd April all government ministries, departments and statutory corporations will be closed until 6.00 a.m. on 15th April - the end of the current period of restriction. The only exception to this order will be those public services designated as essential services which shall open between 9.00 a.m and 6.00 p.m and only employees designated as essential may go to the office. All other staff shall remain at home. A full list of these Ministries, departments and statutory corporations will be published by the Government Information Service.
● The owner and operator of every business establishment shall restrict the number of persons within or outside that establishment at any one time in order to ensure that a distance of at least six feet is maintained between every person.
● Places of religious worship may open only for (a) the conduct of funeral services and weddings; and (b) the streaming of religious services at which only three persons including the officiant may be present. No person shall host or attend: a) A private party; b) A recreational or competitive sporting event; c) A wedding other than the bride, bridegroom, official witnesses and the marriage officer d) A banquet, ball or reception; e) Any social event; f) A meeting of a fraternal society, private or social club or civic association or organisation;
● No person shall transmit video or audio of, or in any way make known to the public the identify of any person in a quarantine or isolation station;
● No person shall visit a prison or a Government Industrial School;
● Private businesses and offices may only continue their operations where the employees can work exclusively from home;
● All beaches and parks shall be closed;
● No more than ten mourners, one officiant and the funeral director and the necessary staff shall attend a funeral;
● No more than one person at any time shall visit a patient in a hospital, nursing home, maternity home or facility for the treatment of persons with an addiction or a dependency on drugs or substances;
● No person shall leave his residence except: a) to purchase food or medicine; b) To seek medical or dental attention; t c) To do banking business; d) To work in an essential service or in a business that is exempt from this Directive
● No group, exceeding 3 persons, who are not members of the same household shall remain outdoors unless they are within the curtilage of their residence.
● Notwithstanding paragraph 14, no more than 5 members of the same household shall remain out doors as a group, except in the curtilage of their residence.
● The sale of intoxicating liquor is hereby prohibited.
● A person who contravenes this Directive without reasonable explanation, is guilty of an offence and is liable on summary conviction to a fine of $50, 000 or to imprisonment for a term of one year or to both pursuant to paragraph 15(1) of the Emergency Management (COVID-19) Order, 2020.