The outbreak of the coronavirus has been linked to a seafood and animal market in Wuhan China.
Officials believe the virus originated in non-human animals and has since spread through human to human contact. The first reported case of this new virus was on December 31st 2019.
The coronavirus is one of a group of viruses that infect humans and other species of animals.
Symptoms vary, some can be mild like the common cold or much more severe.
A person can be infected when inhalation of the virus gets to the cells that line the back of their nose and throat, or by touching an infected surface.
There is currently no vaccine to prevent 2019-Corona infection.
The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed take precautions such as;
· Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Stay home when you are sick.
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
As of Jan. 23, coronavirus cases were confirmed in China, Thailand, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Vietnam, and the United States.